Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Update

We've had busy and fun last couple of weeks.  For Mother's Day my mom and dad came up to visit.  We had an awesome time.  My boys are obsessed with Grandma and Grandpa which makes us happy.  They love telling them all about what's going on.  They love sitting by them in church.  They love playing.  It's great!  Tom and my dad did a great job spoiling us on Mother's Day.  The cooked, cleaned, took care of kids and even got us a Cold Stone Ice Cream Cake.  Nice job guys!  As I thought about my mom on Mother's Day, I kept thinking about when I got sick right after Tyler was born.  I felt so crappy and Tom kept asking what he could do to help.  Honestly, I just cried for my mom.  Tom, being the amazing husband and travel guru that he is, found a flight for my mom and got her out to DC.  Once she came, things got better.  I'd say, that's pretty much how it's always been.  I've got an awesome mommy. 
 Tyler had his end of year preschool program last Thursday.  Eve though the picture doesn't show it, he was pumped to be there singing for us.  He's such a little ham.  Preschool has been Tyler's favorite thing to do all year.  Every morning when he wakes up he says, "Is it preschool day?"  I'm sad it's over but glad his first school experience went well. 
 Tom got to come to the preschool program which was great for Tyler.  I love the way Tom will re-arrange his schedule to be involved with the kids.  What a great dad!
Last Wednesday we got to go to the Thunder/Lakers Playoff game.  Tom got the tickets from work and they were awesome...right behind the hoop, almost on the floor. For playoff games they give everyone a t-shirt so the entire stadium can match.  I left my orange sweater on (which is also a Thunder color) so my mom could see me if we made it on TV.  We did and about a million people texted Tom or me and told me to get that shirt on...I did.  Thunder UP!  They beat LA and last night they ended the series with a win.  I love that OKC has a professional team that's actually good.  I also love that we don't get stuck in a ton of traffic on the way home.  Seriously, Oklahoma City is an awesome place to live.  I'm hoping Tom can snag us more playoff tickets but my guess is that it probably won't happen.  It turns out other people at work want to go too.  :)   
Yay for fun weeks!  We can't wait until Gram and Grandpa Tim come out this weekend!

2 comments:

Than and Erica said...

I love your mommy too! I just wish she could clone herself and come live in the WC. :)

Christie said...

Maybe next time, Tom can ask his work if they need any consulting done in Germany.